March 20, 2010

Avett Brother from a different mother


Here's a secret. I really love music, but I bet you didn't know that I also really like to cook. Soooo, this morning as I was looking through cooking articles (under the guise of reading music reviews), I stumbled upon an article from the local paper that combined the best of both worlds.
Local band, The Avett Brothers, have a member that I can identify with. His name is Joe Kwon. (He's also a UNC alum, which makes it even better). He's a hell of a cellist and self made chef. So, if you are like me and enjoy stretching your culinary wings from time to time, but still want to look cool doing it, here is the perfect read.
"What's that? Was I reading an article on preparing penne rigate with broccolini? No way dude, it's a piece on the Avett Brothers." (Think of it as the program some of us have on our works computers that we can pop up to look busy if the boss walks in).

No comments:

Post a Comment