April 25, 2010

Silversun Pickups coming to Raleigh June, 20


So, my new favorite band is coming back to NC. I missed them earlier this year when they made their way through Charlotte. So, needless to say, I was happy when I heard they were coming back! They are Playing Sunday, June 20th at the Rodeo Disco. Is this the old Longbranch? Nope, but damn sounds like its kissing cousin. Not to go off on a tangent, but here is a band coming to NC from California to play and they probably have some preconceived notions about the Southeast already, so why to we have to reinforce them with having them play at a bar called the "Disco Rodeo?"
Anyway, I gave SSP the well deserved "Best New Album of the Year" last year for "Swoon". I stand by that. Go grab a copy and let me know what you think. Better yet, go grab a couple tickets, you will not regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment